Governor Announces Health Orders Rescinded
(COLUMBUS, Ohio)—Ohio Governor Mike DeWine today announced that Ohio Department of Health Director Stephanie McCloud signed an order rescinding the following COVID-19-related health orders:
- The Director’s Order to Limit Access to Ohio’s Jails and Detention Facilities.
- The Director’s Order to Release Protected Health Information to Ohio’s First Responders.
- The Director’s Order Requiring the Use of Facial Coverings in Child Education Settings.
- The Director’s Order for Retail and Business Compliance for Facial Coverings through the State of Ohio.
- The Second Amended Director’s Order on Adult Day Support Services and Vocational Habilitation Services.
- The Third Amended Director’s Order on the Opening of Senior Centers.
- The Third Amended Director’s Order on the Opening of Adult Day Services Centers.
The recissions go into effect at 12:01 a.m. on June 2, 2021.
The following orders will remain in effect:
- The Order to Require Screening for Admission to State Operated Psychiatric Hospitals or to Department of Youth Services Facilities.
- The Director’s Order Designating The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center a Public Health Laboratory.
- The Director’s Order to Facilities to Notify Residents, Guardians and Sponsor of Positive or Probable Cases of COVID-19.
- The Director’s Order Requiring Reporting and Notification Regarding COVID-19 Cases in Kindergarten through Twelfth Grade.
Note: The Director’s Second Amended Order for Social Distancing, Facial Coverings, and Non-Congregating was previously set to expire at 12:01 a.m. on June 2, 2021.
The Ohio State Cosmetology and Barber Board has developed a brief video reviewing the Responsible RestartOhio guidelines for those who are licensed by the Board. Additionally, the recommended best practices in the guidelines suggested each business place a sign on their door to communicate to their clients that thorough sanitation procedures are in place, and that service will not be provided to clients exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19. This recommended signage was developed for your use in consultation with the Ohio Department of Health.
Responsible Restart Ohio - Tanning
- COVID-19 home page
- COVID-19 Vaccination Program
- Resolution to Temporarily Suspend the Twenty Percent Cap on Web-based Education
- Director's Order for Social Distancing, Facial Coverings, and Non-Congregating Rescinded
- Director's Order Rescinding Various Orders
- Director's Health Order Signed Encouraging Ohioans to Stay Home Rescinded
- Amended Director's Order that Reopens Hair Salons, Day Spas, Nail Salons, Barber Shops, Tattoo Parlors, Body Pierding Locations and Tanning Facilities with Exceptions
- Director's Amended Order Limiting County Fairs to Junior Fair Activities and Animal Exhibitions, with Exceptions
- Director's Order for Facial Coverings Throughout the State of Ohio Rescinded
- Addendum to Director’s Order for Facial Coverings in Counties in Level 3 Public Health Advisory Rescinded
- Director's Order for Facial Coverings in Butler, Cuyahoga, Franklin, Hamilton, Huron, Montgomery and Trumbull Counties in Level 3 Public Health Advisory Rescinded
- Director’s Second Order to Extend the Expiration Date of Various Orders Rescinded
- Ohio Public Health Advisory System
- Risk Level Guidelines
- Responsible Restart Revised Business Guidance
- Ohio Department of Health Director's Order to Extend the Expiration Date of Various Orders Rescinded
- Order that Rescinds and Maintains Portions of the Stay Safe Ohio Order
- Urgent Health Advisory: Ohioans Protecting Ohioans
- Hair Salons, Day Spas, Nail Salons, Barbershops, Body Piercings Mandatory Recommended Best Practices
- 05/14/20 Director's Order that Reopens Personal Services (Reader Accessible Version)
- COVID Careline - Mental Health Assistance: 24/7, 1 (800) 720-9616
- Resources for Economic Support
- Emergency Rule for Schools
- Governor's Executive Order re: evictions/forceclosure
- Governor's Executive Order re: emergency rule
- Job opportunities (via ohio.gov)
- IRS Warning about Coronavirus related scams
- Federal Direct Payments
- US Department of Labor information regarding student loans
- State Government Assistance
- Paycheck Protection Program
- Ohio Unemployment Compensation website
- Unemployment Compensation for W-2 Employees
- Unemployment Compensation for Independent Contractors: Starting on Friday, April 24, Ohioans who are unemployed as a result of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic but who don’t qualify for regular unemployment benefits can begin pre-registering for Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA), a new federal program that covers many more categories of workers, the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services (ODJFS) has announced. To pre-register for PUA benefits, Ohioans should visit https://unemploymenthelp.ohio.gov/ and click on “Get Started Now.” The benefit amount will be similar to traditional unemployment benefits, plus an additional $600 per week through July 25. The pre-registration tool will allow individuals to get in line early and pre-register their account, so that as soon as the agency has the technical ability to process their claims in May, they can log in and complete their paperwork. For those eligible, PUA benefits will be retroactive to the date they qualified, as early as February 2. The program will provide up to 39 weeks of benefits to many who historically have not qualified for unemployment benefits, such as self-employed workers, 1099 tax filers, part-time workers, and those who lack sufficient work history. Anyone with questions should call (833) 604-0774.
- ReStart CLE - Cleveland Coronavirus Startegic Recovery Plan
- State of Ohio Office of Small Business Relief
- Economic Injury Disaster Loan Emergency Advance
- SBA Express Bridge Loans
- SBA Debt Relief
- US Senate Committee on Small Business & Entrepreneurship Guide to the CARES Act
- CDC | How to Wear a Cloth Face Covering
- Ohio National Guard Deployment COVID-19 Checklist and Information
- Local Health Departments
- Governor's Daily COVID-19 Briefings